16.6.08

My dad

In the spirit of Father's Day (I know I'm a little late, please forgive me), this one's for you dad!

So, I call up my dad the day after my "run-in with the horse."

Me: Hey, dad. How you doing?
Dad: Neigh Nat!

That's my dad's humor for you! Secretly, I love my dad's humor, but over the years, my family and I have learned that if we encourage my dad he'll just keep going. Regardless, as he tells us, it's a dad's job to be corny!!

I've compiled two lists: one list is of my dad's favorite sayings (they speak for themselves), the second is a few of my favorite memories with my dad. I'm sure there's some things I've missed, but for now, this will have to do. Some day when I'm a parent, I'm sure I'll teach my children these same things. I love you dad so much. Here's a little trip down memory lane...

Dad's Favorite Sayings
1. Don't forget the underwear! Wherever I go, i will never forget my underwear. thanks
2. You can have your cake and eat it to! If you say it's possible, it's possible.
3. Have a good seat? . Nothing to say about this...
4. Where's your coat Natalie? You're not wearing a coat? Nope!
5. Life isn't always fair. This is the truth!!

Favorite Memories with Dad
1. Orlando/St. Augustine- 2007. Dad had a business trip in Orlando and I was looking at St. Augustine's Grad program. So he invited me (and paid for me) to fly down to Orlando...in the middle of classes nonetheless. I laid by the pool while he was in his meetings and then at night- time and after the conference was over, Dad and I went to the Alligator Zoo, ate some great Moroccan food in Epcot and drank from the Fountain of Youth. No wonder I still look like I'm 16 years old!!

2. Sandbridge, VA- Summer 2006. Dad and I snuck away from the people we were staying with and went looking for the "wild horses" on the nature preserve. It was a HOT HOT day and we weren't expecting to be gone for long, but before we knew it, we were climbing through the sand dunes pretending like we didn't see the sign that read "STAY OFF DUNES." He found the horses on accident. Mission accomplished. But like always, the journey was more fun than reaching the destination!

3. Flying kites on the beach with Dad. And almost crashing the kite into the innocent beach bums who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Then crashing plane into Dad instead. Sorry dad.

4. Boating on the 4C's with Captain Chuck (aka Dad)- Summers 2006/7/8. Like the saying goes, "When the going gets tough, the tough go boating!" Thanks for being patient with your Skipper (me) and introducing me to the wonderful world of boating!

I love you dad. Thanks for your constant love and support. We always seem to have fun wherever we go. Let the good times roll!

No comments: