15.2.09

What I loved about today...


I was extra blessed this Valentine's Day to have not just one Valentine, but seven Valentines (my mom and dad, my aunt, uncle and 2 cousins and my newly engaged friend). And although I cannot fully explain how much I LOVED spending this day with this day with them, I'm going to try anyways. Here are the things I loved about today:

I loved...

1. the way my dad and my uncle just took charge, loading and unloading furniture for my apartment, then taxiing Becky and I around tow, helping to rearrange the living room furniture, and running the cable up and around and behind and in front of my doors and closets. As Becky put it: they are both "quality men" and I am so thankful for their patience, kind hearts and loving spirits.

2. the way my mom and aunt never run out of things to talk about. Never. I love that they are sisters and friends at the same time. I love that they ask each other for advice and guidance. And then they apply the advice. I love that it is so natural for them to love others. To love me. To love my friends. Did I mention that they LOVE to talk. But more so, they love to love others. They are mothers through and through. I hope one day I will be a mother just like them.

3. the way my cousins so easily go with the flow. How they can entertain themselves while coming in and out of the present conversation. I love that they still greet me with a hug and kiss. They always bring a smile to my face. (We missed you Greg.)

4. the fact that Becky and I spent pretty much the whole day together (almost 12 hours). i love that we are still friends. College friends tend to come and go; they tend to come in and out of your life. But I love that Becky lives just 10 minutes away. That I can call her up and ask her if she wants to workout at the gym. That we can laugh and share stories. That I know about her life and she knows about mine. Secretly, I love that I was the first person to know that she and Caleb GOT ENGAGED. And that I was able to eat breakfast with Caleb before he left for Iraq.


I hope you too had a day full of love. Thankfully, my day was full of love AND family. Throughout my entire life, the two (love and family) have been one and the same. I couldn't have asked for more perfect Valentines.

1 comment:

Vince said...

Wow, that sounds really special. And nice new furniture as well :)