29.9.09

Words to live by...

Do nothing out of rivalry or conceit but in humility count others more significant than yourself. -Phillipians 2:3

I've been turning these words over and over again in my head recently. These are some of the questions I've been asking myself:

Do I count others more significant than myself?
The words I speak. The judgments I make (even if only in my head). The actions I take...or don't take. Are they glorifying to God? Or I am just trying to glorify myself?
Do I consider others around me when making decisions?
What is my motivation for saying and doing the things I do? Is it rivalry, conceit? Is it out of humility? Why or why not?


I will continue to ask these questions. But what can I do right now? "Be gracious in your speech...bring out the best in others" the Bible says. Yeah. I think I'll start there.

Use your heads as you live and work among outsiders. Don't miss a trick. Make the most of every opportunity. Be gracious in your speech. The goal is to bring out the best in others in a conversation, not put them down, not cut them out.
-Colossians 4:5-6 (The Message)

No comments: