20.9.08

Blueberries.

If you would have asked me 3 months ago, "do you like blueberries?" I would have said, "NO, I don't like the taste of blueberries. Actually, they don't really taste like much of anything. No, blueberries are not for me." Well friends, things have changed. Over the summer, I had a change of heart (or change of taste-buds maybe). So, ask me again. "Natalie, what do you think of blueberries?"

I love blueberries!! I can't get enough of them!

How can this be, you might ask? How can you really not like a food one month, and then the next month, love it? Well, to tell you the truth, I don't know...but it can happen. Say for instance, you don't like fish. Or maybe black beans. But you wished you liked them both b/c they are both SO good for you. Have heart. It is very possible that you will have a change of taste-buds :)

Anyways, back to Blueberries. Mmm mmm, I'm eating them as I type.

To the right is a very small wild blueberry "plant" that I found this summer. Look close. Those little black dots are actually blueberries. One day, dad and I went on a search for wild blueberries and that is when I took this picture. We found many small plants like these, and while I picked the blueberries, Dad wasn't content with just the blueberries themselves. He "picked the whole plant," uprooting it, and later replanting it in our front yard (outside of our beach house)! As you probably guessed, the plant died soon after.

That was the fruit of our first Wild Blueberry Picking adventure in August. It was kind of a disappointing trip actually.

A few weeks later though, a friend and I went back to try our luck again. And this time we hit the jackpot! I was in my glory. I even remembering telling my friend, "I am so happy right now." It's all about the little things in life, right? Instead of just finding a few small blueberry plants, this time we found a whole BLUEBERRY BUSHEL!! We both picked and ate our fill. And thus began my affinity for blueberries.Moral of the story. Change. (Sounds like a presidential slogan?!?) You can change! I can change. Things in life will change. Grab hold of it all. Try new things. Give old things a second try. Give people a second chance. And last but not least...don't give up. Love what you do. Do what you love.

No comments: