9.9.08

I was MIA, but now I'm BIA (back in action)

After spending a few months out at Sea (aka: at the beach, on the "4c's", (ok, it looks more like this) fishing off the dock of the bay), I am back in action-back in Philly! I have missed writing and will try to post more frequently.

Stay Tuned: next post I'll report on the "highlights" of my summer. But right now, a word on life back in Philly.

First, I should say that it is GOOD to be back. I have especially missed my church here in Philly and the community and support that goes along with it. It was good to sit in the church pew (well, chair) on Sunday, to sing on the top of my lungs along with guitar, drums and keyboard, and to see friendly faces from my"career and grad group." I, of course, fit into the second group. Personally, I think that the second group is a lot less scary than the first group (but in 1.5 years, I hope to become a member of the first!!!)

Second, I have moved into a new apartment and well, if I could show you pictures (somehow, I've lost the cord for my camera), I think you'd be pretty impressed by the "decor" (thanks mom!) I particularly feel grown up because I have a tablecloth (and place mats) on my table AND (big AND) I bought my first ever iron and ironing Board. Now, I'm still an amateur with my Sunbeam, usually ironing IN more wrinkles than I iron OUT, but hey, it's a step in the right direction.

Thirdly, over the summer, I found TRUE LOVE...

Rice Pudding :)

mmmm, MMMM, good! I have found a recipe and this thursday, I plan to attempt making my very own rice pudding (minus the raisins). I'll let you know how it goes!!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Oh, friend. I miss you! :) It was so good to hear your voice last night. And I'm glad you are writing again, because now I can picture you ironing and eating rice pudding. Next thing you know you'll be ironing your tablecloth! LOVE you.