17.8.09

Frisbee = Zen


I wanted to give a HUGE shout out to my fellow ultimate players! I have been blessed 10 times over by playing frisbee every (ok, most) Sundays while I've been here in London. As my friend Jim puts it, "playing frisbee is my zen." It clears your head. It's a great workout. And seriously, how much better can it get: playing frisbee in a beautiful park right in front of Buckingham Palace, most mornings getting serenaded by the "changing of the guards" marching band music. I wonder if the Queen looks out her window and smiles when she sees such fit young people (including you, Jim!) enjoying her park?!? I can dream at least. Anyway, being able to play has added so much to this whole experience abroad: what a treat it is to be able to join together with complete strangers and have good ol' fashion, light-hearted fun. So, thank you all for the fun and memories and for welcoming me so warmly.

Play on and may frisbee continue to a your zen!


1 comment:

Charlie & Kate said...

i bet the queen REALLY wanted to come play(o: after tea and crumpets.