19.4.08

The 4C's Hit the Water...

For most summertime boaters (in the Northeast), April is a bit early to be out on the water. Fortunately, we're not most boaters. Today, April 19, 2008, the Four C's boarded The 4C's (that's the name of our boat!) and we had a wonderful, though at times brisk, but overall, wonderful afternoon out on the water. Bob Marley was playing on the radio. The sea air swelled lovely and sweet. And most importantly, we were all together. It's not too often that all 4C's are out on the boat together. That's why today was extra special. Plus, I miss my family when I am away at school. I miss my dad's corny, I mean funny jokes. I miss the way my mom "cracks herself up" over the silliest things and the way she always knows what to say. I miss Nicole encouraging me to get out of the house on a Friday night rather than staying in and watching a movie. I miss having dance parties with Nicole. Yes, it was good to be with my family. How I love them!

Funny story. So, we were all out on the water and although I can't speak for my mom, dad and sister, I personally was trying to "tough it out". My arms were covered with goose bumps, but I SO wanted to get a tan. Plus, I didn't want to be the only wimp who was wearing her sweatshirt on this beautiful day. So, I toughed it out...until...Finally, good ol' dad asked me to get his sweatshirt. "While you're getting his, get mine too?" mom said. "Mine too!" said Nicole. Ah hah! I wasn't the only tough guy on board. And so, I too gave in and put on my hoodie. Ah! Much Better.

Ok, so maybe April is a bit early for boating. But other than a bit crisp, today's voyage was wonderfully relaxing and refreshing. And what's this? I think I have a watch tan!! Gotta love the warm weather!!!

No comments: