23.4.08

Moments like these...

So, you're going about your day, and it's just your normal day (nothing special), but for whatever reason, you are momentarily taken aback. Have you ever felt this way? You stop what you're doing and look around, and it's almost like you're looking at life from a different viewpoint. You notice that the blooming trees look extra bright today. You wonder what it's like to be in someone else's body...just for a day or so, to experience life from a totally different perspective. All those things that you were so worried about last night, as you lay awake in bed, just don't worry you right now. . You feel both alone but at the same time, you feel more intimately connected to the people around you. And for however brief this moment lasts, you think, There's something more. More than today, more than yesterday. More than me and my problems. There's SO much more.
I had one of these "taken aback" moments today while I was sitting in my classroom learning about peripheral vascular disease. (Not a fun disease by the way!) And it was cool, you know? Like I said, today was just a normal day. But, for the rest of that class, I pondered life. Why am I here (in PT school)? Who are all these people around me (really)? Where will we be in 5 years? I didn't really answer my questions. Just pondered.

Maybe you could call these moments "reality checks" or a case of the "daydreams" or "wake-up calls." But I like to think that it was the presence of God . Kind of like the song by George Strait, "I Saw God Today." It's not that I'm not not aware of God's presence in my life. (That was a lot of "not's", sorry.) But, I think some times, His presence seems almost tangible. I cherish these moments. Maybe they are a sort of "wake/up call". I guess we all need those once in a while-probably more than once in a while. Have you experienced anything like this? I really hope you have. I cherish moments like these...

No comments: