21.4.08

I'm ALMOST a Second Year PT Student!

Yes, it's true! One week from today I will be a "second year" [grad student.] It's surreal to think that I have completed a full year of PT school already. You know the feeling...it's seems like I've been here forever, but at the same time, it feels like just yesterday that I began this whole journey. It feels like just yesterday that I was ordering/recieving my new textbooks in the mail and then asking myself, how can I EVER learn all of this? It feels like just yesterday that I was hiding behind my laptop hoping that my professor wouldn't call on me because I was afraid I would look, well, stupid. Well, I still hide behind my computer some-days, but I try to limit this to only the times that I TRULY don't know the answer. And, it feels like just yesterday that I was standing outside of my new house/apartment and wondering how this was once considered a "one family" house. I still wonder this actually!



It's been a long (though positive) and growing journey since last August . I have met some truly wonderful people. One of which I have to brag...she makes AWESOME eggs over-easy! (If anyone knows the trick to flipping eggs without breaking the yoke, I would really appreciate it if you let me in on the secret!!). Back to what I was saying; I have also met some totally awesome PTs of whom I aspire to be like some day. And most importantly, I have learned A TON. Even still, I feel like there is so much more to learn. But I am certain that it will come. I am certain that some things will just become second nature. All with practice, right? What I know for certain is this: I am so grateful for this period of my life. A time where I am able to gain the knowledge and skills that will hopefully help many, many people regain physical strength and function. Most importantly, I am so excited and blessed to be entering a profession in which I can help people live life to its fullest.

So, here's to being one year closer to being a real and true and practicing physical therapist!! Thanks for sharing in this journey with me!

2 comments:

Charlie & Kate said...

*sniff* I'm so inspired....carpe diem!

Unknown said...

so i made dustin over easy eggs this morning and they came out perfect!!! here is the secret, dun dun dun...you have to scrape em up with a fork before you flip them over!! who would have thought. also i wanted to say i love your blog, it makes me happy when i read it. ps. i think one of your best nitches is you are a good teacher and smart and really good at helping idiots like me study! thanks for that:)