23.2.08

Last One Standing

I know the Superbowl has passed, but let's take another moment to celebrate the Giants Defeat over the Pats!! What a sweet and exciting game that was. In case you couldn't tell, I was rooting for Big Blue!

When the Giants won the Superbowl, myself and the 20 or so people that I was watching the game with, we all went CRAZY!!! People were hugging and high-fiving each other. I imagine that celebrations like these these were occurring all over the US (except New England of course). It was truly a magical night!

Sometimes I think we, as Americans, put too much emphasis on sports, and we get a bit carried away (myself included) when our favorite team wins (or worse, loses). But when it comes down to it, I am thankful for sports. I think that events such as the Superbowl are a great reason to celebrate and get together with our friends, family and neighbors. Sometimes, life can be so depressing and so serious. Watching the Superbowl, life just doesn't seem so serious. Sometimes, I tend to take life too seriously. I need to remember what my parents are always telling me "sometimes you just need to have some fun! "

This reminds me, I better get back to work so that I can go skiing at Blue Mt. this afternoon.

Congratulations, again, to the NY Giants!

No comments: