20.2.08

Pete the Possum


I have a story/confession. Last night, I was walking out of my apartment. Our front light is out, so it was pretty dark, but I looked down and saw a POSSUM less than 2 feet away. My heart race must have been around 160....ok,maybe not that high, but close enough. Anyway, this leads to my confession. I, Natalie, have the biggest fear of all small, furry, 4-legged creatures that "scurries" along the ground. Raccoons, Skunks, Mice, Rats, Chipmunks and the latest addition Possums. They all terrify me. My heart skips a beat (or two) whenever one of these furry rodents is anywhere within 10 feet of me. Many people say that as long as you don't bother them, they won't bother you right?!?! In their dreams. Actually, now that I think about it, I once dreamt that I was being attacked by squirrels. My worse nightmare come true. Oh, well. Anyway, for anyone with a similar phobia, you are not alone. "Pete" the Possum was surely NOT a welcome surprise.

No comments: