15.2.08

My First Blog Post

I feel like I have a high standard to hold here. I mean, this is my first blog, and it will kind of set the bar for the blog entries that follow. Plus, there are a lot of blogs out there. Good blogs, interesting blogs. I don't this is be "just another blog."

But maybe, just maybe, you'll be easy on me, because this is my first blog posting ever. Would you be so kind? Just this one time?

This weekend, I've decided to visit my parents down the shore. This spontaneous decision to come home is a first. Because I went to school in Virginia for four years, it was kind of difficult to just "pop-in" on my parents and sister if I ever felt homesick or bored or just wanted to get away. Six hours is a far way to drive by yourself. But since I now go to school outside of Philadelphia, home is just a little under 2 hours away. So, this morning I decided that I needed to get away and because I knew my parents would be down the shore, it was even more enticing to get away. Side note, behind our shore house, there is a lagoon, like they have in Venice, Italy. I love this! I love the idea of having water in your backyard. There is nothing better than waking up to the sun reflecting off water Anyway, back to what I was saying. So, i jumped in the car this morning, crossed the Tacony-Palmyra bridge, got lost (what else is new?) but before I knew it, I smelt the ocean-breeze and caught a glimpse of the bay (well, actually the lagoons leading to the bay). It feels good to be here...to be" home" per say. My parents are out "microwave shopping" b/c I "stole" their microwave for my new apartment, and right now I'm supposed to be learning about the parameters for ultrasound and diathermy and hemopoetic tissue (yes, it's as interesting as it sounds). In case you were wondering, hemopoetic tissue makes up red bone marrow.

I guess I should get back to studying, but I thought it was about time to actually post an entry on my blog. Forgive me that there really is no "point" to this entry. I was just tired of being the only viewer of this blog for over a month now. I'll leave you with this quesion...what have you wanted to do for a while but have been putting off for one reason or another? As you probably guessed, I've wanted to make a blog, but have been too "busy" with school.

Welcome to my blog. Hope you check-in every once and awhile!

No comments: