11.3.08

Give yourself a little credit...

Today I had the joy of setting my mom up with her very own email...her first ever! We had fun. I guess it's teachers do it all the time, but for me, it was refreshing to slow it all down, and explain what everything means...going back to basics, as they say. It's something I take for granted. Email. Internet. Typing. I've grown up with it, it's easy for me. But then, when you have to teach someone something, you've heard the saying, if you can teach it, then you know it.

Mom: So, how do you know when to double click or single click?
Me:(you just do, I think)

Sometimes I wish that I was gifted in one thing...like basketball (too short) or basket weaving. Like Michael Jordan or Martha Stewart. You have to admit that Martha is extremely gifted in home decorating. Anyway, you get the point. But rather I consider myself well-rounded and I've come to be okay that. What's my point? Well, I guess today I realized that we don't give ourselves and other people enough credit. We all have talents and skills that we ourselves may take for granted, but other people have never had the opportunity to learn how to do. Maybe it's the computer. Or video games. Gardening. Cooking. Fill in the blank _____

So today, I say...give yourself a little credit! You are you! You are gifted in many ways! Some gifts may be small and therefore go unnoticed. Others are bigger and therefore more noticeable...like Michael Jordan's and bball. Regardless, you have gifts that I don't possess and vice versus. Use your gifts! You are gifted in many ways.

No comments: