15.3.08

Long Lost Love!

Tonight is a monumentous night. Sometime in the last few years, lactose and me started to disagree. I started having the most painful abdominal cramps either that same day or the next. At first, I tried to just limit my intake of milk and milk products. This helped, but most of the time, I felt better just avoiding all milk products . I tried the lactaid pills and they helped, sometimes.

Regardless, I'm sad to admit that I haven't had real cheese or milk for about 6 months or so now (besides a sneak here and there). If you were to look in my fridge, you'll find soy milk, soy ice cream, soy yogurt, even soy cheese. (By the way, I've started reading that too much soy may not harmful to your health). But tonight-tonight I decided that I've had enough. The chocolate chip mint ice cream was calling my name. Loudly too. It called me from down the hall, through the kitchen and out in the freezer of the garage. Usually I can resist such temptations. Not tonight! The craving started last night and apparantly hadn't left me in my dreams. So, I gave in. And man, was it good!! It was like a party in my mouth. My taste buds ATE IT UP! And it was only American Choice brand (store brand).

Yes, tonight, I found my long lost love: ICE CREAM!! I may regret this decision (I think I'm even starting to regret it as we speak). Nevertheless, I think it was well worth it. A truly delicious way to end my spring break. Tomorrow, Nicole is taking me back to school and 8:00 morning I start up again with a neuroscience lecture. All and all, a pretty productive spring break. Here's to my long lost love of ice cream! Mint chocolate is only second to Peanut Butter Swirl ice cream, at least in my book.

No comments: