13.3.08

Give yourself a little credit...continued.

You'll have to forgive me. I'm new in the blog world. Last post, I wrote, "give yourself a little credit! You are you! You are gifted in many ways." (I guess I don't need to put my own quote in quotation marks...not like I'm plagiarizing ;) And I believe this. People, myself included, need to be reminded that what they do is important and meaningful and yes, that they are talented!! Today, I went out to lunch with my mom and Nanny (grandma). We ate a Japanese/Chinese restaurant. Besides eating some AMAZING sushi, I also got a fortune cookie. I'll share my fortune, not b/c I believe in power of fortune cookies or that my fortune was even a true fortune- it wasn't, but I'll share b/c it seems fitting:

My fortune cookie:
You are a person with many gifts.

Enough said. Anyway, the reason I'm writing this post is b/c I don't think I finished my thought last time around. So, where do these talents/gifts come from? Are we, ourselves, solely responsible for how good a soccer player we are? Is it like they say: Practice, practice, practice? I think I've opened a can of worms here...surely, there are many sides to this debate. But, this is what I believe: No, I don't believe we are solely responsible. I think we have to give credit to someone much bigger than ourselves. Personally, I give that credit to Jesus, my Savior and God. I believe that apart from God, I can do nothing. In my life, whether I'm teaching my mom how to use the computer, or playing in a basketball scrimmage or studying hard for a neuroanatomy exam, I strive to give the glory and honor to my God. Why? Because I believe that it is only through God's great love and grace, that I am alive and that I am truly myself. So, let me rephrase myself:

Give yourself a little credit. You are you! You are gifted in many ways. You have much to be proud of! But never forget where these gifts come from. Never overlook who made you you!

No comments: